At the Alumni Association annual meeting held during Reunion Weekend, Alex Karapetian ’04 Kappa Delta Rho Fraternity was named president-elect. Read the full story……
A Marquis Society member, he is a third-generation Lafayette legacy. His uncles are the late Sarkis Acopian ’57, Greg Acopian ’70, and Jeff Acopian ’75. His cousin Ezra Acopian ’03 Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity also attended Lafayette.
Kappa Delta Rho was founded at Lafayette College in 1928. Chapter is currently inactive/closed as of July 2011.
Kappa Delta Rho was founded on May 17, 1905 at Middlebury College in Middlebury, VT. Since then we have grown to 25,000+ initiated members and have 35 active chapters across the country. These individuals have accepted the challenge of Kappa Delta Rho to strive to place Honor Above All Things in their daily lives by:
- Embracing the principles and spirit of the Kappa Delta Rho Gentleman, treating all those they encounter with dignity and respect;
- Working diligently in the pursuit of their education, understanding that they are students first and that the quest for knowledge is an endeavor which lasts a lifetime;
- Meeting all of their obligations to the Fraternity in a timely manner, as to ensure that they are doing their share and they are not a burden to their brothers;
- Engaging in the service of mankind, not for the praise or recognition that such service may bring, but because it is the right thing to do,
- Serving as their brother’s keeper, holding one another accountable for their actions; and
- Supporting their Alma mater, that she may regard Kappa Delta Rho as a partner in the development of her students