The Lafayette fraternity/sorority community is built on strong academic standards. Members expect a lot of themselves and each other. Working together, they pride themselves on academic excellence. Chapters provide:
- Individual and chapter performance and assessment (accreditation)
- Host faculty and departmental programs
- Group study sessions
- Workshops on study skills, test-taking strategies, time management, stress relief, and resume building
- Faculty advisers offer support and expertise
- Academic standards and member improvement plans should a member fall below the chapter GPA requirement
As a member of a fraternity or sorority you’ll find tremendous opportunities to become an effective leader. Greek organizations are self-governing with numerous leadership opportunities. Membership offers leadership training programs campus-wide and within chapters. Our members have the opportunity to:
- Hold a leadership role within their chapter
- Serve as a chapter resident advisor or fraternity house assistant
- Become a Recruitment Guide
- Serve on College wide committees
- Participate in local, state, regional, and national conferences
Service to others and the community is a part of everyday life in the fraternity/sorority community. Our members are generous fundraisers and service providers, annually giving more than $40,000 and 2,500 hours to local and national charities. Our chapters:
- Organize, volunteer, and host over 80 different community service and philanthropic initiatives each year
- Organize dozens of chapter events to raise money and educate the campus
- Host and support other student organizations’ educational programming about issues of civic engagement
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.” Fraternities and sororities are values based life-long experiences. Each group is founded on a set of values, principles, or creed that manifests in the actions, behaviors, and attitudes of the individual members. Fraternity and sorority life’s ultimate goal is to live out espoused values in actions, behaviors, and attitudes. The community provides a place to examine one’s values, commit to the values of the fraternity/sorority, and practice and grow the congruence needed to continue to grow.
The friendship of fraternity and sorority life is a true family experience. It offers you the security and happiness that is part of the brother/sister bond. While you don’t have to limit your social life to fraternity and sorority activities, you will find many opportunities to meet and interact with your chapter, other chapters, and other campus organizations. Family-style living in the chapter house has great appeal for members. Living, eating, and studying together helps solidify lifelong friendships.
Fraternity and Sorority Life
Farinon College Center - 132
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5580
Fax: (610) 330-5703
Fall/Spring Hours - Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Summer Hours - Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m.